Kundalini Asana for Women's Health
Kundalini Asana for Women's Health -
Liver Stimulation, Cleansing & Hormonal Balance With This One Kundalini Pose.
If you are looking to cleanse or detox one of the vital organs you definitely want to address is your Liver.
I want to share with you a beautiful, powerful & graceful Kundalini asana you can bring into your daily life to gently cleanse the liver and over time bring more blood flowing into this vital organ to rejuvenate & cleanse.
If the liver is full of of toxicity, chemicals, clogged up & stagnant from repressed frustration, resentment & anger chances are you may experience a variety of the following - hormonal swings, menstrual cramps, painful periods, skin eruptions & other skin conditions, physical stiffness especially on the right side of the body, restless night's sleep & menopause symptoms.
This is an amazingly beneficial exercise for women, as it will not only work directly on the liver but also open up circulation into your reproductive organs such as the ovaries, support your kidneys & adrenals, release lower back tension, stretch out the legs, hip flexors & balance your hormones. Healthy hormones equal a happy, healthy YOU ! With so many benefits it really is an asana practice you want to include in your life.
Known as 'Tiger Pose,' begin by holding this pose for 2.5 min and slowly increase the time until you can hold the posture for 5.5 minutes to each side. Over time as you hold steady this posture, a purifying sweat will occur along on your back - this a a great sign & indicting that it's working for you as this sweat is induced by the stimulated secreting glandular system. Yay ! That's what will give you over time a radiant shiny glow that comes from a healthy glandular system, liver, kidneys & proper hormonal balance.
Before beginning any practice of Kundalini Yoga please tune-in with the Adi Mantra - Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo x 3. This mantra translates as - 'I call on the infinite creative consciousness, I call on divine wisdom.’ This is to ensure you are guided by your higher awareness & inner wisdom rather then the ego & personality aspect of ourselves. It creates a sacred space & place of reverence.
1) Come to sit on your heels, and extend your left leg way behind you keeping the knee straight. The extended leg is completely parallel & the big toe nail anchored into the floor.
2) Now bend the arms so that the elbows are pressed downward & close to the sides of the ribcage & hands are at the level of the shoulders, palms facing upward to the sky. Gently allow your head to fall back in alignment with the arched spine. Think of lengthening the chest ( Heart Center ) upward elongating the entire spine so as not to compress the lower back. The eyes stay open & fix your gaze at one particular spot either on the ceiling or in the sky.
3) Hold this posture steadily. Focus on your breath. Breath long, slow & deep breaths bringing each breath right down into the lower abdomen. Exhale each breath completely.
4) Mentally on the inhale, hear within your mind the sound 'Sat', and on the exhale the sound 'Nam'. This will help you detach from any negative thoughts that will come up as you hold this posture.
5) Allow what ever thoughts come up to do so, as you keep mentally hearing 'Sat' on the in breath, and 'Nam' on the out breath. Think of this as cleansing also not only your Liver but also deeply imprinted emotions that may be stored within your musculature & organs.
6) Hold this posture for 2.5 minutes and then slowly increase the time until you can hold & sustain the pose for a full 5.5 minutes on each side.
7) If you need to have extra support for the lower back and you are a beginner place your hands down on the floor to help support you until you feel strong enough to maintain the posture with both hands off the floor.
8) After holding the pose for your duration of time that is do-able for you, to end - Inhale deeply, suspend the breath & gently squeeze in & up the rectum, navel and sex organs. Suspend for 15 seconds. Exhale & relax.
9) Gently and as gracefully as you can come out of the pose and switch to the other side. Repeating the exercise extending your right leg back. Hold the pose on this side for the same amount of time that you did the first side.
10) After both side are completed come to lie down on your back and hug your knees into your chest for a few minutes & then relax down. Let go and rest for as long as you feel.
- Warm-up the spine before practicing this asana with either Cat-Cow stretches or Spinal flexes.
- Play some inspiring uplifting mantra music as you practice each side.
- Drink 1 litre of spring water with the fresh juice of one whole lemon either before or after the practice to assist flushing out.
By HarJiwan (Founderss of HarJiwanYoga and Creator of the WOW™ Mentorship programs) studied directly at the feet of the Master of Kundalini Yoga, Yogi Bhajan and is a highly experienced, powerful and dynamic Kundalini Yoga and International Master Teacher. One of Australia’s most experienced Yoga teachers, HarJiwan has been teaching and presenting nationally and internationally for over two decades and specialises in women's empowerment, profound transformation and leadership.
HarJiwan opened Australia's very first Kundalini Yoga studio in South Melbourne in 2002 after running a successful Pilates studio based at The Australian Ballet Center. Now based in Byron Bay for over 15 years, HarJiwan teaches workshops, intensive trainings, and her specialized signature WOW™ Mentorship programs globally online & in person. She is a pioneer, spiritual teacher, healer, Kundalini Mentor, mother, pilates teacher and role model of the massive shift in consciousness that is happening on this planet. She has devoted her life from a young age in service to activating the deepest inspiration within all individuals and awakening their inherent powerful light into full awareness; to reach their highest potential in body, mind and spirit.